Thursday, June 3, 2010

Line Design Process




Line designs! While making my line design, I needed a black foam board, wood, string, a hammer and nails. First, I glued the black foam onto the wood. Then, I designed a template of the design I wanted to use. To make the template, I used a ruler and a protractor, and drew even lines to resemble a star. In creating my template, I made even marks where I hammered in the nails later on. Once I had hammered all of the nails into the template, I started stringing the string around the nails. I secured each end of the string to a nail and wrapped the string around each individual nail. This produced my line design.

Let's talk about my pathetic looking line design. Well, I've always loved to draw stars, however, I felt that this was not the best line design representation. However, in order to incorporate my love of stars into my calc project, I made an abstract star!! My star does not have equal spacings between each point, because I believe it added to the uniqueness of my line design. I then picked out my favorite colors of strings to use for my line design. All of this contributed to my line design.

Cara Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment